While you are a Student
Before you graduate, be sure to explore these opportunities for professional development:
- Gain skills living and interacting with other students in residence life/IRHA (inter residence hall association) or off campus living.
- Study in small groups. Visit with the various campus tutoring services such as the Broward Teaching Center, the Writing Center, and other college and departmental tutoring centers.
- Get involved in a student organization, society or council. Build valuable people interaction & leadership skill sets.
- Explore Global Study opportunities with an advisor at the UFIC (international center). Learn about other cultures and peoples in the world.
- Obtain experiential experiences through laboratory, research work, and internships.
- Consider obtaining a minor.
- Create a Gator Career Link and explore the activities, services and programs of the CRC (Career Resource Center). Make sure to have you resume updated on a semesterly basis; visit with the CRC for a resume make over/critique; and learn how to interview effectively.
- Attend the Career Showcases each semester to learn how to best utilize these career fairs as you search for internships, part time jobs or full time employment.
- Explore graduate studies, combined degree programs, prepare for the GRE, LSAT, MCAT, etc.
- By the time you graduate from UF, obtain 3-5 positive references.
Last Modified: Monday, October 28, 2013 15:15