Combined Degree Program
Bachelor's in Environmental Science and Master of Science in Interdisciplinary Ecology
Contact an Adviser
To schedule an appointment with the
Environmental Science Adviser,
please call the number below
Ms. Karen Bray
206 Black Hall, Box 116455
Gainesville, FL 32611-6455
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. M-F
The School offers a combined degree program sequence combining
the Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science and the Master of
Science in Interdisciplinary Ecology. This program leaves the existing
Bachelor's degree requirements intact, except that eligible students
substitute up to 9 semester hours of graduate courses for undergraduate
electives, as specifically approved by the School. These graduate
courses are double-counted toward the 36 credits required for the
Master of Science (with thesis) or the 38 credits required for
the Master of Science (non-thesis) in Interdisciplinary Ecology,
which can be completed in one or more years beyond
the bachelor's degree.
Eligibility Requirements for the undergraduate portion of the combined degree program:
1. Must have completed all preprofessional requirements and 15
credit hours of the Environmental Science core courses
2. Senior status (4 NE)
3. Minimum upper division GPA of 3.3
4. Minimum GRE score of 300 (verbal and quantitative scores combined).
Eligibility Requirements for the graduate portion of the combined degree program:
1. Satisfactory completion of the undergraduate portion of the combined degree program.
2. Meet the requirements for admission established by the Graduate School and SNRE.
3. A member of the SNRE affiliate faculty has agreed to serve as the student's advisor,
and the advisor's department chair has agreed to host the student in the department.
4. The student is self-funded for graduate study, unless some other arrangement is made.
For any inquiries regarding the combined degree, please contact Karen Bray.
Last Modified: Tuesday, March 28, 2017 14:38